Project # CFAPT00353 / AIP 3-02-0078-017-2018
Birchwood Airport Master Plan Update
What is your vision for the Birchwood Airport?
Join us for the first public meeting on March 4th, 2021. Click here for details.
Meetings & FAQs
Past and Upcoming Meetings
- Public Meeting #1: March 4, 2021 from 5:00 – 6:30 pm or 6:45 – 8:15 pm
- Stakeholder Advisory Group Meeting #1: February 9, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome and Overview
What is the purpose of the Airport Master Plan Update?
Join us to guide the future of the Birchwood Airport. Through this process we will bring together pilots, landowners, agencies and partners together to determine how the airport can best serve the future interests and needs of the flying public, aviation community, Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities (DOT&PF), and other stakeholders.
Who is leading the process?
Alaska DOT&PF with assistance from a consulting team.
A Stakeholder Advisory Group (SAG) will provide feedback on the planning process, help collect data, and gather input on plan findings and recommendations. Members include airport users, pilots, managers, major landowners, and other key stakeholders. The SAG includes representatives from the following organizations:
- DOT & PF
- Birchwood Airport Association
- Birchwood Civil Air Patrol
- Talon Hangar Condominium Association
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (local members)
- Birchwood Community Council
- Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park
- Alaska Railroad
- Eklutna, Inc.
- Native Village of Eklutna
Where can I access the previous plan?
View and download the 2005 Plan here.
- CHECK OUT and SHARE this November 2020 Project Flyer
- Sign Up for Updates
Receive electronic project updates.
Click the button to sign up. You will receive no more than three emails over the next six months.
- Participate in a public meeting.
See "Meetings & FAQs" for more information.
- Tell us what you think.
Submit your comments in the box below or contact the DOT&PF Project Manager. See “Contact Us” below.
Send us your comments, questions or concerns: